September 28, 2012

Playing in Paradise #86

Happy Friday everyone, what a fabulous fall we are having here in Victoria so far. Sure it is staying darker long in the morning and getting darker earlier in the evening. and maybe the temperature is a little chillier in the morning as I head off to work too,  but the leaves are starting to turn and are looking stunning and the you can’t beat the sunshine.

I think it is time for another Autumn card, but not today though as it is time for a new Playing in Paradise challenge. This week Jessi is challenging us to 'Add a hidden element to our project, pockets, flaps or even an envelope.'
 
SBP PPC # 86
My nephew has his birthday at the end of the month and I always send a little cash so I created a slider pocket that I could add a gift card or cash to.
 
I used my Memory Works - Awesome 6x6 paper pad that I purchased online at Scrapbooker's Paradise and  I added some texture with an embossing folder. The pull tab ribbon is attached with a brad that was created to look like a button. I finished with some ribbon and a ribbon slide. I attached a little cash with a glue dot and it is hidden inside the pocket.

 
 
Supplies: Natural Ivory and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-Memory Works, embossing folder, Making Memories ribbon slide, ribbon and misc brad.

Be sure to stop by the Scrapbooker's Paradise Pondering blog to take a look at all the wonderful samples that the Challenge team have created.
 
**Reminder** join it the challenge, there are great prizes each and every week.**
 
Cheers,
Nina

3 comments:

  1. Now that's a fun way to hide some cash :) Love this masculine card, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet idea, generous Auntie.
    Thanks for this, very clever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect manly card for a younger fella...and the hidden money? Genius!

    ReplyDelete