October 26, 2012

Playing in Paradise #90


Whoo hoo it is Friday and that means there is a new Playing in Paradise challenge. I am hostess this week and I have chosen  "All Things Nautical" as my inspiration for this challenge.  I live on an island and with naval ships, lighthouses and boats of all sizes out my back door, there is a ton of inspiration.


I used the lighthouse as my focal point.. naturally. I coloured the image using Tombow markers and an aqua painter. I used a mask and sponge to make the clouds then added in the seagulls. I finished by adding the sentiment, sheer ribbon and a button.

I used pages from 6x6 paper pad from Authentique as my background, take a look at the Scrapbooker's Paradise online store for a fabulous selection of Designer Paper.
 

Stop by the Playing in Paradise blog, the challenge design team had some fabulous samples they have created.

Supplies: Natural White and navy cardstock, Designer Paper-Authentique, Close to My Heart - Perfect Day, sheer ribbon, misc button. 

Cheers,
Nina

7 comments:

  1. this card is so peaceful looking makes you want to take the day and just sit and watch the birds the waves ...smell the air . Love the card Nina another awesome card. Have a great weekend.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, this is absolutely beautiful! I love those clouds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Nina, your colouring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Nina!! I love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina -

    oh my GOSHNESS - your clouds ROCK, Picasso could't touch it. Ha!

    That lighthouse image is appropriate for so many occaisions, always for where you live! I get the gulls, but only gots a lake.

    Thanks for hosting PPC this week, your inspiring.

    ~ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous image and perfect coloring/shading! Love that DP too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Nina,

    Your card is totally AWESOME! I LOVE it! I agree w/Barb the lighthouse is so versatile!:) I too LOVE your clouds!!!


    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete