January 11, 2013

Playing in Paradise #99

Bad blogger.... it ate a whole scheduled post. I hate when that happens. So this is my second attempt at this post. 
 
We have a new Playing in Paradise challenge for you today and even more exciting is our new challenge team member Linda, we are so happy to have you join us.
 
We are pushing Linda right into the deep end of the pool and she is our hostess this week.  The theme she has choosen is a "Place in Time".

 
I am the worst at pulling out my camera when I traveling or for special events.  I doubt I could put together a single scrapbook page never mind a book.. huh probably why I card :).
 
The local China town puts on a wonderful event year for Gung Hei Fat Choy, this year the Chinese New Year is Feb 10th.
 
I hauled out one of my many many 6 x 6 paper pads for this card, I created layers then heat embossed the lantern and flower. I added some twine as if the lantern is hanging then finished with the sentiment and glitter dots.
 
It did not matter which way I turned my card the glitter of the flower would not let the camera get a good picture. It turned out quite nice though.

Supplies: Natural white and black cardstock, Designer Paper and Stamps-BoBunny, Kaiser Craft-Christmas, twine, glitter dots.

Please stop by the Playing in Paradise blog to see what samples the challenge team has created, be sure to play along. You will want to keep an eye out for PPC100, we have a grand celebration planned.

Cheers,
Nina

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the welcome Nina! This is a BEAUTIFUL card and the lantern just POPS off it. Love the paper pack you've chosen. Enjoy the Chinese New Year celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nina, this card is lovely. I know what you mean about the photographing. I recently did a mostly black textured project. It was very hard to photograph.
    Keep smiling and creating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina another awesome card...love your lantern....you always seem to found those neat pads of paper or even just paper to be able to put together beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing... might try this challenge. Have a great weekend.


    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nina, Your card is beautiful. Love the colours and patterns in the pretty papers. The lantern is really beautiful too and I'm sure it looks so much more stunning in real life.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful DPs!! I love the glittery flower and the layout of your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sis,

    I LOVE when you do your oriental themed cards, you have a flair for this!

    Wonderful idea to use the lantern. Pretty paper - elegant card!

    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your design here Nina! And those papers are great with this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love your choice of patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss celebrating Chinese New Year! It is always such a big party in Vancouver too - out here, not so much. I LOVE this card - the lantern is awesome, as are those gorgeous papers!

    ReplyDelete