April 5, 2013

Playing In Paradise #111

Happy Friday everyone, it is time for a new Playing in Paradise challenge. We had a fabulous turnout last week, and who would not want to play along with a fantastic prize each and every week !!
 
Jessi is our hostess for PPC #111, and the challenge is Emboss Something. I have to admit this is a near and dear to my heart, I love my embossing folders, I add texture to my cards all the time. I even love pulling out my Versamark and doing a little heat embossing with my nice selection of embossing powders.
 
PPC#111
 
I am using the current sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches as well.
 
 
 
 
Isn't this mushroom house adorable, need a card for a good friend who recently brought a house and moved. I added texture to the background layer and oval behind the mushroom with embossing folders.
 
 
When I was putting together my card I wanted something whimsical to match my paper so I printed off the mushroom clipart twice and fussy cut them out. I added some Glossy accents to the window and spots, lots of layers made the card a little bulky so I added a simple sentiment to the mushroom.

Supplies: Natural Ivory, Designer Paper - First Edition, ClipArt - Mushroom house, HOTP - Hi, embossing Folders, Glossy Accents, Spellbinders die cuts.

Stop by the Scrapbooker’s Paradise blog to see what the challenge team has created, play along with us for the challenge and you could win a prize.

Cheers,
Nina

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I LOVE that little mushroom house. It works so perfectly with your paper! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww love the card Nina ...they are going to love it ...you and your ideas and paper wow. Thank you for sharing....going to see if I can do this challenge. Have a great Friday.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you pair this up with a sketch challenge. I think I want that little mushroom house to play in too. Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so incredibly cute!!! I love the strip of mini mushrooms! Thanks so much for joining us again at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I love that little mushroom house too! And that patterned strip with the teeny mushrooms is adorable. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cute mushroom house!! Sweet card for your friends!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, Nina. Love the little mushroom house and the pretty papers and colours.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Nina, I love the adorable little house. Hugs Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute, cute card and image. This made me smile. Thank you for joining us this week and sharing your lovely work with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable mushroom house! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nina,

    Your Playing in Paradise card is sweet - the mushroom adds a playful element. I'm sure your friend will display this in a place of honour, how thoughtful of you!

    ♥ ya,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete