June 5, 2014

The Challenge #8

I made this card using the sketch for the current The Challenge that Lesley has posted on her blog Always Playing with Paper.


I seem to keep coming back to this pretty 6x6 paper pack, I guess I am drawn to the fun bright patterns. I used some fun die cuts to add little elements like faux stitching, a tag, sentiment as well as the butterfly. I finished with some gem for the butterfly body and some sequins.


Supplies: White and black card stock, Designer Paper - Fancy Pants, Lawn Fawn, Paper Smooches and Memory Box die cuts, sequins.

Cheers,
Nina

6 comments:

  1. LOVELY card! The paper and sentiment are beautiful, as is that stunning butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! I love that butterfly and the colours in the paper, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN papers, and the lacy butterfly --gorgeous!! and the sweetest hello die evah!!! Very sweet card!

    Thanks for joining in at The Challenge! It is a pretty sweet sketch, and you definitly rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! This is one of my favorite paper collections, too--the colors and patterns are great! I love the delicate die cut butterfly with the gem accents you added on top. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mix of patterns and papers - the sentiment in black just pops off the page and I love that delicate buttefly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sis,

    I really like the color combo, and how you have the soft and lacey butterfly but then the bold colors and the lines and chevrons going on. Zings!

    ♥ Barb

    ReplyDelete