January 7, 2016

Gesso and Gelatos

I mentioned in an earlier post about my tip toeing into using Gelatos and some mixed media. Michaels so kindly put out a 50% coupons to use one to husband and one to me and I walked away with some Ranger Texture Paste and some Light Modeling Paste. I also picked up a floral stencil to play with.



For this first card, I used a panel I previously covered in Gesso then put aside to dry, I then put down a thin layer of Gelatos on my craft sheet and blended in a little Texture paste.. so each to blend. Messy though, I excel at messy.







I used a bend of light colours and then let time dry. I used my Wink of Stella to added glimmer to all the remaining white areas. I create a matte of two layers then added in  the sentiment. a CAS look with lots of texture and character.



Supplies: White cardstock, Inspired by Stamping - Sentiment, Gesso, Ranger - Texture Paste, Gelatos, stencil.



These techniques that I am trying I saw in videos on YouTube, just do a search for Faber Castell Gelatos and you will spot a couple of good ones.


Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sis,

    So glad you're enjoying your Gelatos. I wish I could see a macro side profile of your card because I just KNOW its very textured! Your cards are always very "feely" as well as beautiful. What a gorgeous design, love it.

    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I don't know anything about the techniques you've used except that I like it!

    ReplyDelete