January 9, 2016

Tardis Birthday Wishes

I am back, this time with a card. I changed my mind about the card for Zach (my son) for his birthday.  He loves Dr. Who and I thought I would try my hand at a Tardis card.

I started with an .svg cut files for my Silhouette I found a great one at HERE.




I cut it twice then started to layer. I used a black base then added some dark blue distress ink on around all the blue pieces. The first layer is the panels, the second layer was an outline of the call box which is popped up with foam tape. I added some silver like vellum to the windows, I then added a second layer of the outline also popped up with foam tape. The little sign is placed between both phone box layers as is the Ambulance emblem.


I then added a vertical sentiment, which I stamped a little off center - not on purpose but it then allowed me to do the same with Tartis. I added some extra little Ambulance emblems as embellishments. I had to hand write Police Box, my handwriting is horrid but it was all I had.


I added a background layer of blue with distressed edges and layer of white.


I think it turned out pretty good.


The inside has the quote by Steven Moffat " People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly  timey wimey stuff.”


Supplies: White and blue cardstock, DRS - Birthday Wishes, Tardis - Something to Craft About.


Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. Our family loves Dr. Who, this card is perfect for any fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun card for your son! My kids love Dr Who, too, so they'd love this!

    ReplyDelete