January 25, 2016

The Challenge #58

The theme for this week's The Challenge it is Masculine inspiration, I can usually put together a masculine card pretty quick but I struggled with this one a bit. I think because I tried to use both colours and a vehicle.


I admit the colours look a bit muted on my card, I really do need to set up a better place to take photo's. Tips and tricks welcome :).

I used too different patterns for the background panel. I then used a script stamp and added blue, turquoise, orange and brown ink to it before stamping. I stamped the vintage car in brown as well as the popped up sentiment. I finished with a little twine and wood grain sequins.



Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper - October afternoon, The Old Island Stamp company - 1929 MG Midget, Stampendous - Faded Text Background, sequins.

Be sure to stop by Lesley's blog to play along with The Challenge and see what the Design Team has created.

Thanks for visiting,
Nina

7 comments:

  1. That vintage car is awesome, Nina, great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design, Nina! Love the mix of patterns--and those wood sequins are the perfect embellishment on a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of DP for your card Nina. Love the text background. Goes perfectly with your classic car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that a man card is added in the rotation, I can never seem to get motivated on these. This is a fabulous example!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card! Love the colors and the patterns, and I'll admit I have a soft spot in my heart for those woodgrain sequins...I've been hoarding my stash of them, lol!! That car fits perfectly in this challenge. Photos...since my grandkids broke my regular camera, I've been shooting with my iPhone. I did go on Amazon and buy a light box with two lamps. It seems to help most of the time. But not every single time.... Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great, masculine creation, Nina! Love that truck image, and the woodgrain sequins are too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super creative, Nina! Love the combo patterns in the background, the multi color stamping and the whole card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete