February 12, 2018

My crafty adventures at the Honeymoon Bay retreat.

I attended my first Retreat/crop this past weekend, I jumped in with both feet and gusto. It was a four-day three-night adventure of fun. The retreat was located in beautiful Cowichan Bay and the wonderful Honeymoon Bay Resort.

I figured it was a good sign heading into the rainbow.


So, so beautiful.


The location was so pretty, the facilities were fabulous, the food outstanding the group of ladies were amazing. So creative and I love the sharing of crafty secrets and techniques, I walked away with a ton of new information and an exciting shopping list. I had the best time and am looking forward to more crafty adventures soon.


I was told that all this generous space and the large tables are not the norm but I was sure happy to stretch out with all my supplies. I thought I had over packed but I was rather light with my packing in comparison to some of the other ladies.

The wheeled office chair was a wonderful luxury.


I am a pretty slow cardmaker so I only produced around 21 cards in my time there but I am pretty happy with most of the results. It gives me lots of content for some blog posts over the next little while.

This card was pretty easy to put together, I took designer paper pads that had sentiments in them to make cards easy to produce. For this card I added a simple grey layer of cardstock to each layer, the sentiment is popped up with foam tape. The flowers already have beautiful shimmer and shine.

This sentiment was how I was feeling for most of my weekend;) 


Supplies: White and grey cardstock, Designer Paper - My Minds Eye.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. Wow ..how awesome. love your card. 21 cards made wow ..glad you had a great time. Now you will have to share some of the great ideas you learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely venue, so glad you got away - kind of refreshing and inspiring, no?

    ReplyDelete