January 24, 2020

Time to Celebrate


It is a Time to Celebrate, the Chinese New Year is tomorrow and I wanted to create a card for a co-worker.

I am sure there would be a few hands raised if this question was asked in a room full of crafters, so do you have any supplies that have been in your stash forever just waiting to be used... uh huh.

That is the case with my small stash of rice papers and the fake coin I used. Seriously I have had them for well over 10 years. This was a perfect time for me to pull them out and use them.

This card is smaller, 3 x 4 ish, there is not a lot of measuring that happens when I am crafting :(. I used my stitched rectangle to die cut a panel I then cut a piece of rice
paper to fit just inside the stitched area of the panel. I used a spray adhesive to get good covers, runners or liquid glue tear the paper or make it mushy. I used a brayer to
make sure there were no bubbles.



I used the stitched rectangles to add stitching to the edge of a strip of black cardstock then I also added a slice of rice paper to that. I heat embossed the sentiment tin gold then popped it up with foam tape. I used twine and some foam tape to adhere to the coin then finished the card with a couple of black gems.

Supplies: White and black cardstock, Patterned Rice Paper,  Clearly Besotted - Many Mini Messages, Simon Says Stamp - Stitched Rectangles, twine, gems, coin embellishment.

Thanks for visiting,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment