April 22, 2020

Simple Pleasures

I used acrylic pouring on my card today. I die cut three layers of watercolour paper then glued them together to create a think canvas like base. I prepped the surface with some gesso before blending a few different colours of acrylic paint with pouring medium and then combined them for a dirty pour.

I let the panel sit for a few days to dry then brushed a layer of cornstarch over the panel to get rid of any remaining damp areas.

I layered both panels with black cardstock and added a layer of foam tape to the sentiment. I finished with some deep blue gems.

As I look at the picture it looks like the sentiment panel is not quite straight, I will try to fix that if I can without damaging the acrylic background.



Supplies: White and black cardstock, watercolour paper, acrylic paint, gesso Penny Black - Happy Wishes, gems.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment