June 2, 2020

Tuesday Morning Sketches #557 - Thanks

I am playing along with the current Tuesday Morning Sketches for today's card.


What a fabulous sketch, I had a card in mind as soon as I saw this. I die-cut a stitched rectangle then cut a panel of woodgrain designer paper to fit inside of the stitched edges. I used stitched squares to create the frames from brown cardstock then glued them in the interlocking pattern.

I had a few of these flowers on my desk leftover from another project so I put together a few more. I added some script then used distress to add colour. I alternated the flower sizes in a pattern and added some foam tape to the small flowers. I added a few leaves as well.



I heat embossed the sentiment in white on brown cardstock then added a layer of white cardstock and popping it up with foam tape. I finished by adding glitter gems to the flowers.

Supplies: White and brown cardstock, Designer Paper - Craft Consortium, My Favorite Things - Stitched Flowers, Simon Says Stamp - Sketched Flowers, Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Squares, Penny Black - Script, gems.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so beautiful. Love the warm colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch. Neautiful combination of the flowers and the squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! The stitched flowers are so pretty and are perfect against the wood grain paper!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I love this - this would look great as an accent wall on a porch! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are lovely and a great choice for dressing up the sketch. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete