October 3, 2020

World Cardmaking Day 2020 - Thank you

Good Morning wild and crazy crafters, I know you pulled out some glitter this week. Too much :)? Alrighty then, how about the excitement for today then.



Ready? you know it is World Cardmaking Day right, a day to celebrate why we are frittering away our hard-earned cash on all those supplies... oh wait is that a different hobby?


Are you planning to get some crafty time in today, I know I will, my sister is visiting and we are going to dig our fingers into some paper and glue and maybe, just maybe - some glitter :).

The card for today's post is a challenge with a crew of crafty individuals - the challenge you ask, follow a sketch and there may be a prize, easy peasy lemon squeezy. This sketch was perfect as I tackled this yesterday, I had a crazy busy week that left me minus even a hint of a crafty spark, I found the sketch easy to follow and it was simple to put something together for the card.



I followed the sketch, and I even used the required measurements and everything, a big win for me because when it comes to crafting I am horrible at following directions or measurements.

Each panel is layered with cardstock and designer paper, I added some silver twine to the base layer and popped the top two panels up with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment and leaves with 4 different gray inks to get an ombre effect. I added a touch of Wink of Stella for a hint of sparkle. I finished my card with some clear gems.


Supplies: White and Gray cardstock, Designer Paper - Stampin' Up! Peony Garden, Stampin' Up! - Sending Sunshine and Thoughtful Banners, twine and gems.

Thank you Crystal for organizing the challenge and providing the sketch.

Happy Crafting,

Nina 


No comments:

Post a Comment