August 11, 2023

Mountain peaks

We recently visited Alaska, where we met some new friends. I wanted to send a card inspired by the scenery.

This card has lots of layers :).


I started with a die cut that is the center element on the card; it comes with all the layers for the different sections. I ran it through my Big Shot for each colour multiple times. For the mountains, I added three layers for each to add dimension.

I used the same colour cardstock for the base layer, then added two strips of inked paper strips to match the sun before adding a thin black frame. 

The sentiment is stamped directly on the bottom panel. I finished the card with some Nuvo drops.

I purchased the die cut from Amazon, it is likely a knockoff of a name brand, but I don't know which. Interestingly enough, I purchased it before our trip, and it was waiting when I got home; that is a snippet of positive energy.

Supplies: White, shades of gray, and blue cardstock, Hero Arts - CL342, Tree, Mountain & Sun die-cut - unknown,  Nuvo Drops.

Did you know: Alaska has 54,563 kilometres of tidal shoreline.

Happy crafting,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment