December 3, 2008

Wednesday already, where does time fly. I have a list as long as my arm for cards that need to be done. I also have the list in hand for my Christmas Card swap recipients and I am going to start sending those out this weekend. I guess family and friend should be on that list somewhere too ;).

This card is one that I made for my in-laws, my mother-in-law loves Cardinals. She has two that visit every year that she has named and she can talk for hrs about the birds, so every Christmas there is usually something given to her that has cardinals in some form. My husband wanted a very basic card but I tried to fit a little splash in here and there.

Cardstock: Natural, burgundy and sage from Nature Preserve Recycled cardstock, Designer Paper-Memory Box Frost Collection, DCWV Solid Glitter (clear)
Stamp: Stampin'up A Cardinal Christmas
Accessories: Celebrate It Holiday Ribbon, Craft Narrows Ribbon Bow-tique,Die Cut Buttons (unknown Brand),Hemp Twine Stampin'Up


You can't see the glitter cardstock base but it is there doing a little twinkle now and again. I love the Memory Box designer papers, I ran across them one day online and ended up ordering 5 different collections of the 6 x 6, they almost tell a story all on their own. The Glitter glue did not quite hold its form after I used it for the holly berries but it still worked out ok. I doubled up on my ribbon to add more dimension to it and I love these die cut buttons I found at Dollar Giant, they jumped out at me as I walked by and I want to use them on everything, they have just a touch of glitter to make them sparkle. For someone who claims to not think much of glitter I seem to be using an awful lot of glitter type items lately.

Thank you to everyone who has stopped by and left comments, it is appreciated. I have a few email addresses that have been sent to me and I have not ignored them I just have not had the time to type something up.

Have a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. Nina what can I say ..another awesome card ...you are very talented ..I am so glad sis talked you into blogging about your awesome talent ...can wait to see tomorrows card ..

    hugs
    judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, your in-laws are going to treasure this card! You did a beautiful job. Even though I sure don't need more paper, I would love some of those Memory Box designer papers. That diecut button intrigues me too; I guess I will have to look more closely in the dollar stores.

    ReplyDelete