Supplies: Pink cardstock, American Crafts Mother Hubbard Designer Paper, Stampendous – Happy Birthday, Flamingo – Jesse James Button, misc ribbon and brads.
1) Cut the card stock 8.5 by 5.5, fold in half for a 4 ¼ by 5 ½ card. I did not assemble the card until all pieces and bits were all ready and had its place.
2) Cut the next layer from the back side of the designer paper, at a size that fits your likes, I left about ¼ inch of pink border. Run this through Cuttlebug using a Swiss Dots folder.
3) Use a second piece of same designer paper, this time using the front side, again size it to create another small border, use a Fiskars punch to create a border along one side. I used All a Fleur for this card.
4) Cut a length of ribbon and glue it to the top 2 layers. Add the two brads.
5) Stamp Happy Birthday on watercolor paper (I used Sepia ink for a softer look), size it, then add a couple of layers to add dimension, I used a darker pink card stock and a left over piece from the Cuttlebug embossed sheet. When assembling I used pop dots to lift it up.
6) I cut the plastic button loop off the Flamingo button and glued it to more layered card stock.
7) I glued all the small pieces together, then glued the layers to the card stock and complete assembling the card.
8) I then used left over designer paper and some natural colored cardstock to create the inside of the card.
9) Personalize the back of the card with signature stamp.
Some additional steps, I used a Tombo pink marker to outline the designer paper, it had a white core that I did not want to show. I also used a nail file to sand some of the dots on the brown paper to let the white show through.
Clear like mud? Questions or concerns… Comments always welcome.
May 30, 2009
Happy Birthday to my SIL Judy, I hope you have a fabulous day.