April 27, 2011

It is that time of the year where eager young minds are about to be let loose in the world. I am still trying to wrap head around that fact that one of those young minds is one of my best friends sons and only a year older then mine. Making this card was a little bit of a reminder that this time next year it will be my very own eager young mind counting down the days till high school grad.

I love this double-sided Designer Paper from TPC Studio, the silver and black academic hats were perfect for this card. It took me forever to create the tassel that I crafted from embroidery thread but it turned out great. I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts a Lot software for cutting out the Congradulations, I am still trying to get the hang of sizing but it worked out well. I embossed 2 academic hats in silver on black cardstock then cut them out and used foam tape to create an embellishment.



Supplies: Natural White, black and silver cardstock, Designer Paper-TPC Studio, TPC Studio-Graduation, Celebrate It ribbon, black and silver embroidery thread

Cheers,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. wow great card...yes grad time...glad Missy has a few years before that. You have a great weekend. And watch out that the grad parents aren't grabbing you up to make more awesome cards for their kids.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card and love the way you highlighted the letters!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina your cards are just awesome!!
    We are soooo proud of YOU! Good job!
    As for the grad year coming up..lets just say:It makes us age very fast!!
    Hugs
    Neti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina..I LOVE what you did on this card too.Soo COOL!!:) Sure brings back some great memories!!:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete