April 29, 2011

Whoot hoot, a third post this week. This card was a little hairy to make, heheh never mind me, it is some random barber humor that is just plain silly.

A barber at the local shop where my husband and son get their hair done is retiring after something like 46 years (wow). So in honour of this amazing achievement my husband asked for a card.. of course. It took forever to make but was well worth it.

I figured that the local paper should have a article on the retirement, how lucky am I that it was published earlier this week.  So yes, the so called designer paper, is the actual newspaper article (spelling error and all). I printed off a random barber pole clip art three times to make it dimensional and popped it up with foam tape. I used Microsoft word for the sentiments. The whole Barbershop News cut out is embossed with clear embossing powder, as is the bottom and top of the barber pole and buttons. The buttons are a Sizzlits die cuts. I did a lot of ink edging in grey and black then I finished with twine.

I also printed off and cut out a comb and scissors for the inside, then embossed those as well to make them glossy. All in all it turned out great.

Supplies: Natural white and black cardstock, Designer Paper-Newspaper, Microsoft word, random clip art, twine, clear embossing powder, Sizzlets die cuts.

Cheers,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. Woo is right. Aren't you SO smart my sweet sis. I LOOOOOOVE this and I think you're going to inspire someone out here!!!

    Very very clever. (puffing with pride at you)

    Loves u
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina ...this fellow is going to love this card ...a treasure he will always have sitting out for all to see. Wow ...have a great weekend.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...Nina!! You go girl!!! How COOL is this?!!!:) I bet he will cherish this card for the rest of his life!
    I LOVE seeing your brain work!!:)Thanks so much for sharing your ideas with us and telling us how you did them!!

    Have a FANTASTIC weekend my friend!!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete