May 1, 2011

It is a beauttiful sunny day here today, it has me all excited although I have no idea what my day will hold yet. Happy May 1st and Happy Birthday to my loving husband. Unfortunately he was night shift last night and works again tonight so he is happily snoring his birthday away...

I usually don't struggle with masculine cards, but I made it half way through this one and hit a road block. I have spare card parts everywhere on things I tried. As luck would have it I half way through cleaning the house last evening I had an idea :). Talk about down to the wire.

The card all in all is simple, my husband loves motorcycles so the theme was easy enough to decide. I had in my large stash of paper a Designer Paper pack from Close to my Heart called Passages. I stamped the motorcycles with VersaColor Pinecone then embossed them with clear embossing powder. The wheels are just random clipart that I coated in Versamark Dazzle Champagne then embossed with clear powder and used foam tape to make a double layer.

The wheels are not glued down but can slide along the card held in place with the Seweasy floss.


The picture does not show the card to its full glory.

Supples: Craft cardstock, Designer Paper- Close to my Heart, Stampin' Up!- Motorcycle, Seweasy floss- dark brown, misc clipart.

Cheers,
Nina

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mike ...know that lady of yours will spoil you rotten. Have a great night ..if that is possible...Bare just came off his last night ...days off for 4 now. Have a great day all and rmember Mojo Monday is coming...

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis,

    Your card is another STUNNER - you're imaginateion has jus been running wild and I LOVE it!! I'm taking away ideas.

    Interesting morning for me, all cloud and yucky outside with SNOW at the tops of the hills. Sigh sigh.

    Tell Mike HB when he wakes.

    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina...what a COOL card! I bet he LOVED it!! Happy "belated" Birthday to your Mike.:) Hope he had a great one in spite of having to work!! Cool idea about the wheels..I would have to play with them if it were my card.LOL

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete