February 8, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #21

I received my new stamp set from the Stamp of Life today, perfect to the new Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.


I heat embossed the umbrella with dark green ink and clear embossing powder then cut it out and popped it up with foam tape. I paper pieced the center piece and also added foam tape for an additional layer. I finished with a few gems and stamped raindrops that were coloured with a Clear Star gelly roller for added sparkle.


Supplies: Natural ivory and green cardstock, Designer Paper-Authentique, The Stamps of Life-umbrella4you, misc ribbon and gems. Cheers,
Nina

12 comments:

  1. I love this Nina. The umbrella is wonderful paper pieced and matching the DSP in the background. Great sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet, Nina! I love that polka dot paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this! The polka dots are wonderful and I like the effect of the sheer ribbon! And the umbrella and raindrops are too too cute!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the card Nina ..that umbrella is so cute....one day could you show me that embossing you do . Thanks for sharing.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! That umbrella is perfect! Great DP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that umbrella with the DSP! Love the polka dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! The paper is great and the umbrella and sentiment are prefect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the paper pieced umbrella! It's a great focal point to your card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a great card Nina ... the patterned papers are divine and I loooove that "brolly"!
    So glad you joined in the fun with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another "wow" card, Nina! That umbrella is super...love the DSPs. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness this is cute! Love your umbrella and those sweet polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job with the sketch. I love the paper piecing and the colors. Wonderful get well card. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete