April 20, 2012

Playing in Paradise #63

TGIF everybody, this week seemed to have zoomed on by, it is time for a new Playing in Paradise challenge.

This week's inspiration challenge is spring flowers. I think Victoria had it's flower count sometime last month, my crocuses and tulips have been blooming for weeks. The fruit blossoms are out in full force and the city is so beautiful that it was not hard to find inspiration.


I actually looked out my front window for my inspiration, I decided to try my hand playing with my Tombow markers to make my tulips. I think they turned out ok. I added a little texture to the background  and used a whimsical font stamp for my sentiment then finished with sheer ribbon and some pearls.

Supplies: Natural white and brown cardstock, Design Paper-My Mind's Eye, Michael Strong- Cloisonne Words and Phrases, Spellbinders die cuts, cuttlebug embossing folder, misc ribbon, Recollections pearls.

Please stop on by the Scrapbooks Paradise blog and see the fabulous projects from the other Playing in Paradise design team members. Join in the fun and you could win some fabulous craft treats.

Cheers,
Nina

6 comments:

  1. wow love the softness to this card ...you did an awesome job with the markers and the tulips. Thank you for sharing ...have a great weekend.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo LilSis, you did a perfect job on this card. I love your spring flowers, they really have that "artist" look, excellent match for the base. So soft and pretty and is sure to brighten up someone's day.

    Love,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! I love the embossing and the little pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicate and pretty! Those pearls are an inspired touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they look amazing! I love the soft striped background & sheer ribbon to go with :)

    ReplyDelete