June 15, 2012

Playing in Paradise #71

Happy Friday everyone, it is time for a new Playing in Paradise challenge. This week Jessi is inspiring us to create something inspired by "Under the Sea".


Isn't this stamp set adorable, I have had them for a long long time and have not inked them up. The designer paper is a new purchase from Scrapbooker's Paradise.

I stamped the crab and sentiments in blue then heat embossed with clear embossing powder, the crab is coloured with my Tombow makers.  I added a little background texture  and finished with tread and a little sand dollar embellishment.

Stop by the Playing in Paradise blog for the fabulous samples created by the design team. 

Supplies: Natural Ivory and navy cardstock, Designer Paper- Canvas Crop, Whipper Snapper Designs-Feelin' Fishy, Cuttlebug embossing folder, misc embroidery thread, circle punch and misc sand dollar button.

Cheers,
Nina

9 comments:

  1. This just makes me smile, Cute cheery card, fun interpretation.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Perfect for get well! Is there a feeling crabby stamp too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is cute! And I like the mix of embossing and stamping and the sand dollar embellishment. Sand dollars are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that sand dollar button! And sheesh, the sentiment is hilarious :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a cute card! no one would feel crappie after seeing this little smiling crab and the button is perfect.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! That sand dollar button is so pretty and your coloring is fab! I've never used Tombow markers to color...I like the effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that little crab guy ...so sweet. Love the card ..awesome job.

    Have a greaqt weekend.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Nina:)
    I LOVE ALL of your cards but this one really made me smile too.HOW CUTE!!! This would cheer ANYONE up that wasn't feeling well...whether they are ill or just feeling "crabby".:) I too LOVE your sand dollar button!! I think your card is PERFECT!!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and fun...love that crab and the innovative layout!

    ReplyDelete