June 29, 2012

Playing in Paradise #73


Happy Friday everyone, it is time for a new Playing in Paradise. This week Angela is challenging us with a watercolour theme.

I created two clean and simple cards. With both cards I created a frame with cardstock; I used watercolour crayons and a aqua painter to get the watercolour effect.  Once the water colour was dry I stamped the image and sentiment. With the first card I finished with a single piece of twine.

With this second card, I created a bullrush using Flowersoft, glitter and Flowersoft wire. I secured the wire by poking a hole through the paper and feeding the wire through, I taped it to the back before gluing the panel to the frame.



Stop by the Playing in Paradise blog to take a look a the wonderful creations the design team made to inspire.

Supplies: Natural Ivory and brown cardstock, Stampin’ Up!- watercolor trio, misc twine, Flowersoft, Glitter Ritz.
Cheers,
Nina

5 comments:

  1. wow Nina did an awesome job on the challenge ...both cards are beautiful. Loe the cattail...neat idea... have a great long weekend.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful- I'm especially in love with that bullrush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two inspirational pieces. Delightfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty - soft, simple and classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sis,

    Aw K, I might really have to take this challenge being as watercolor is about my favorite artisic medium.

    I think your bullrush is very clever... you want to take a real one home with you this year?

    haha.

    You're so talented, love it.

    ♥ Big Sis

    ReplyDelete