January 21, 2016

Records, Vinyl, Records.

When I was a young I had records that played on a record player. Today people call them vinyl's and they play on a turntable but they still look like records to me :).

My husband asked me to make a card for a friend of his who moonlights as a DJ. The first thing that came to mind was records.




I used various sizes of circle punches to create the records and I added embossed lines to each. The sentiments are simply stamped and matted. I finished with a few little punched music notes. I did add a little foam tape to the bottom record and one of the sentiments.

Supplies: Cream and black card stock, Designer Paper - Authentique, The Stamps of Life - labels2use, punches.

Thanks for visiting,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. This card is awesome!! My sister still loves records and has an old record player that still works. Such a great idea to use your punches to create the records.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came by to see your Merry Monday card but got distracted by this card. VERY nice and retro too. I'm with you those are records and you play them on a record player. Vinyl---that's what we call fake leather pants. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! I'm old enough to have owned lots of vinyl back in the day so this card really tickles me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vinyl records are more beautiful and substantial than CDs.
    Vinyl Records

    ReplyDelete