January 5, 2020

Happiness

I have a positivity card for today's post. My love of 6x6 paper pads has not diminished and my stash of them has only grown. 

The disappointing part about that is as new ones are released, older ones get hidden away or moved to the bottom of the pile. I have started to grab older pads and challenging myself to put a card together with them. The upside of this is the reminder of why I purchased the paper pad in the first place.

Until recently I have had this thought in my mind that all those little sentiment panels in the backs of some of the paper pads are just wasted pages for me, I would choose to add my own sentiment when using the patterned papers. That my crafty friends is where I have been short-sighted, not all sentiments work for me but I have found some that are fabulous.



This card is so simple in the layout but I wanted the sentiment to shine. I added a layer of black to each panel, then a layer of foam tape to the sentiment panel. I finished with some black gems.

Perhaps it was the moment and the mood but this sentiment was a little bit of an aha moment for me, I was in the middle of holiday bustle when it was created. I was wrist-deep in craft supplies, which is usually my happy place and the sentiment made me think for a second on its meaning and it was so true.

Supplies: White and black cardstock, Designer Paper - One Canoe Two, gems.

Let your happiness shine,

Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment