April 24, 2020

You make me smile

This card took me days to create.. days. I wanted to use my Gelli Plate for one of my cards but after spending way to much time on the interwebs looking for ideas noting worked. This card has so many layers of acrylic paint on it that it is almost ridiculous.

I wanted to try to use stencils but they just blurred and looked wrong and I would add a few more layers to cover it up. Not once did it occur to me to just start over.

There are variations of green, brown, white, cream and blue all blended together. I do like the texture and the sparkle is from a bronze shimmer paint. I die cut the frame and then layered even more paint to try to match the bottom layer. I added some foam tape to the Rose frame to pop it up. I finished with a small stamped sentiment which also had a layer of foam tape.


Supplies: White cardstock, watercolour paper, Simon Say Stamp - Rose Flower Frame, Clearly Besotted - Many Mini Messages.

Thanks for visiting,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment