May 29, 2020

The Male Room Challenge #137 - Landscapes

Good Morning and Happy Friday, I am playing along with the challenge over at The Male Room today.


I made an impulse buy a few weeks ago and ordered some stamps from Blue Knight Rubber Stamps. I was very impressed with the customer service and the order was processed super fast and arrived pretty quickly as well. 

Most of the ones I purchased are silhouette style and I think this lighthouse stamp worked wonderfully for this challenge.

I used Distress inks on a smooth piece of cardstock doing some blending with blues, greens and a little yellow. Once that was dry I used one of my edges die cuts from Lawn Fawn to create a mask shaped like a hill. I then stamped the lighthouse image using my Misti.



I let that dry for a little while then used a coffee filter to cover the image as I sprayed a little sparkle shimmer spritz, my goal was a shimmery night sky but some of the drops turned out a little large and reacted with the distress ink, I like how it turned out though. I added a layer of black cardstock for a thin frame.

I heat embossed the sentiment in white on black cardstock and popped it up with foam tape. I finished with a yellow gem for the lighthouse light.

Supplies: White and black cardstock, Blue Knight Rubber Stamps - Lighthouse Silhouette, Hero Arts - CL342, distress inks, Shimmer Spritz - Sparkle, gem.

Cheers,
Nina

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I LOVE the sky, the lighthouse has a wonderful air about it, a fabulous scene. Thanks you for your lovely visit. xx. With both my hats on I will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Landscapes challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scene created with your light house. Love the colours and ink blending too. Thank you for joining us at the Male Room Challenge. crafty hugs, Clarissa DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous inking and love the silhouette. Thank you for joining "Landscapes" challenge at The Male Room, I hope to see you again in our new sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete