May 27, 2020

Thinking of You

A crafty class from afar made my evening last night. We tackled a pocket card and it is always wonderful to see what everyone creates.

I am not sure how I managed to put together a card with all the fumbling and bumbling that goes on at my craft desk during these classes. The supplies were all pre-cut, not that it helped over half were wrong (insert eye roll here). 

For some reason, even with picture of what we will create, I can not seem to wrap my head around the finished product we are trying to create, which usually generates some shenanigans in my craft room as I scramble to adjust the supplies I thought I would use.

Anyway, it turned out better than expected. I think I am going to add a little folded stand at the back so it can hold itself up.



My first error was that I had a regular card base in my head, I ended up with all these panels of white cardstock. As we started to put everything together I finally started to envision what it looks like and looked for alternate cardstock. It is a good thing I have large scraps at my fingertips that fit the bill, although it still took two tries to get a piece cut correctly.

After everything is put together, many follies later the end result was turned out ok. My engineer's cap was a little off-kilter when I decided to use sequins to cover glue smudges, I am sure they will get flicked off the first time the little inner panel gets pulled out. 

I coloured the leaves and flowers with watercolour pencils then use a Zig shimmer pen to blend the colours and add a little sparkle. I fussy cut the outer flower and popped it up with some foam tape.


Supplies: Kraft, brown and white cardstock, Designer Paper - Pink Paislee, Simon Says Stamp - Sketched Flowers, sequins.

Enjoy your day,
Nina



No comments:

Post a Comment