July 1, 2020

All is Calm

Good Morning and Happy Canada Day to my Canadian visitors. My post today kicks off a Chrismas in July themed endeavour. I am going to try to get a Holiday card created every day for the month of July.

This card started as something much more simple but then the paper was chosen, then the embossing folder and it all just came together from there.

I started with the bottom panel, this is one of my favourite paper pads and it makes me sad that I am down to bits and pieces. I did have enough for the panel though and added a layer of dark brown cardstock.


I worked on the larger panel next, I wanted the Through the woods sentiment, but then the card did not look right so I embossed a layer of kraft cardstock with a wood grain embossing folder and tucked in underneath. I added layers of brown cardstock to each of those as well.  

The buck head was next, I embossed that as well and added some foam tape in behind. The sentiment is stamped in brown on kraft cardstock then popped up with foam tape. I finished by tucking some woodgrain sequins.

Supplies: Kraft and brown cardstock, Designer Paper - Carta Bella, Penny Black - Christmas Sentiment, American Crafts  - Open Book die-cut, sequins.

Thank you for stopping,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment