December 9, 2020

Dashing through the snow.

I may have purchased a few too many holiday napkin cards, I think in fact I have napkins till the end of time. 

There is something very relaxing about these cards, I think it is how simple that first few steps are. You can get much more basic than a bottle of glue and a brush.

I cut my pieces of cardstock, I have found white is the best colour, any other colour messes with the pattern on the napkin. The cardstock panel is always a little larger than I need, two reasons, 1 the edges may not have the napkin fully adhered, and two it leaves a little extra to create an element inside the card.

I used a thicker paintbrush, about an inch wide, and I made sure all my supplies are there at my fingertips, the Mod Podge, the brayer, napkin panel and brush. I found I can eliminate a large amount of the mess if I used a piece of parchment paper as my work surface. I cut my napkin into the four individual panels and I am ready to start.

I add a layer of Mod Podge to my cardstock panel, carefully drape the napkin piece of the panel, then using the brayer to make sure if is flat on the panel then I add another layer of Mod Podge to seal it. It is rare that I have been able to avoid any small folds as I do this, in my mind, it adds character.

I let the panels dry, it should only take a couple of hrs to fully dry but I usually let it sit overnight, when the panels are wet they curl a little but then lay flat again after they dry. I find I like to die cut the panel, I have not had any lifting of the napkin from the cardstock but I like the perfect edges a die-cut provides.

I die cut a layer of black cardstock, I love how it makes the napkin panel pop. I wanted these cards to go through the mail with no issues so the only foam tape is on the sentiment panel that is heat embossed in white on black. I finished the card with some gems.

Supplies: White and black cardstock, Paw Decor Collection (napkin), Stampers Anonymous - Tiny Text Christmas, Simon Says Stamp - Stitched Rectangles, gems.

Thanks for visiting,

Nina

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Loving these napkin cards. Thank for sharing.
    X

    ReplyDelete