September 14, 2023

Happy Thoughts

Hello, crafty peeps; it is day 14 of "the challenge", you can find Crystal’s post HERE. Today, the challenge is florals.

I am posting a card I made on a recent retreat; it is simple in design. I  used one of the Penny Black masterpieces made simple. I love these panels as they resemble watercolour painting, and this is something I could never achieve with my painting skills.


I layered the panel with three layers of cardstock, alternating black and white. I used a butterfly punch and added some script with a background stamp before adding colour with my Zig markers.

I added a sentiment strip that is popped up with foam tape, then finished the card with some gems on the butterfly body.

Supplies: White and black cardstock, Penny Black - Masterpieces made simple, Simon Says Stamp - Sentiment Strip, butterfly punch, gems.

Did you know: The butterfly got its name from its poop.

Ok.. I need to add to that. Long ago, Dutch scientists were studying butterflies. And they looked at their poop — which is officially called frass. They noticed that the droppings looked an awful lot like butter. So they gave the insect the name butterfly.

Happy crafting,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment