October 11, 2023

Spooky Salutations

It's Washi Tape Wednesday; hi, crafty friends. I had such fun making this Halloween card.

There is not much in the way of technique, washi is just tape after all. I found some rolls of tape I wanted to play to start. I cut a panel of cardstock slightly smaller than my card base. 

I started to apply some washi, some I cut down with my trimmer, and I was not worried about lining up the tape, I also ripped the edges in no particular way. I used a piece of ripped paper towel as a loose mask and added some watercolour splatter in silver and black.

I die cut some bats, popped them up with foam tape then finished with a sentiment strip also layered with some foam tape. The last step was to added some black cardstock in behind the panel cut to an angle. There we have it, some spooky salutations.

Supplies: White and black cardstock, Washi tape, Memory Box, Simon Says Stamp - Sentiment Strips. 

Did you know: There are more than 1,300 bat species!

I grew up in a small town, we were always intrigued when dusk came and out came the bats to chase bugs, I have always had long hair and I have had a bat almost get caught in it a number of times. Thankfully I have never been bit.

Happy crafting,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment