December 12, 2008

Friday… I am doing a little happy dance.

I made a few cards last night… sorry no peaking yet. I also did some finishing up on some other cards, the in-laws Cardinal card needed a matching insert and envelope. I also finished packing some parcels to put on the bus.

So today’s card is another in the Christmas card arsenal. The color is not quite accurate in the picture, I think the only thing that really looks the same is the iridescent embossing powder. Even the little gems look a little dull. Husband has decided that I do ‘fine’ with the camera and that he is not needed. The one card he took pictures of was this huge production and you would think it was brain surgery *sigh*, so much less stress to fight with it myself.

I found a link someone had posted to make a light tent out of a cardboard box and some cheap white fabric, I don’t remember where I found it and I curse myself for not saving it. It will pop up one day when I am not looking for it and then I will share. Enough rambling, on with the card.

Supplies: Red speckled, green cardstock, Stampin’ Up! -Snow Swirls stamp, Stamp-n Stuff Kaleidoscope Embossing powder, Offray My Moments Petite Gems, Celebrate It Holiday Ribbon.

I am off to Saltspring island tomorrow so I am not sure if I will get a chance to blog but will try just the same. We are expecting snow…. a relative blizzard for Victoria at 2 to 4 cm.. so soccer might be canceled and I could make cards.

5 comments:

  1. Meanie Neenie, I wanna peek - its in my nature. I got that side of the genes in our family pool. Hay, when I say that we can now brag our family once had a pool, right? LOL!

    Lightbox, instructions here:

    http://www.instructables.com/id/Do-It-Yourself-Photography-Light-Box-for-Under-40/

    Husbands not required ;p Good cure for overhelp is to let 'em go at it 'emselves... trust me, it'll soon enough be turned over to you, with all the EXTRA parts they buy to help themselves along.

    I hope you have a fun and uneventful trip to Saltspring - I wish I could be going along w/ya!

    Hugses from your one and only Sisser.


    PS - I DID see your big brag on me yesterday, just tooooooo busy to give you proper appreciation. Forgive me sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very merry xmas car Nina ..love it

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Nina:)
    Another wonderful card!!How pretty! Love the Christmas tree made with the swirls and the gems.Great job!I can't wait to have the time to play with my cardstock too.When I do ..I will come back here and grab some of your ideas.:)

    Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your weekend!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Nina,

    Just a note to say thank you for the beautiful card we received from you. We got yours and Barbs the same day, both of you are sooo talented! We really appreciate the effort you made in creating the card.
    Thanks so much and hope to see you soon!
    Maggie and Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tree with the added gems!

    ReplyDelete