I am so very disappointed, a while back I brought some clear stamps that I like. I have not tried them before now but maybe if I had I would have realized how much they just don’t work for me. *sigh* it is a sad sad day. It is Friday though :)
These are the stamps.
This is the resulting card. I started with using just ink to see the result.. Tried a number of inks to try to get a clear image… When these steps failed I think tried using Versamark and embossing powder. Now the fault cannot lay with the stamps alone for the following result. I also find that this particular container of embossing powder does not leave a clean emboss. Anyhoo..
Supplies: Brown cardstock, metallic brown designer paper, embossed glossy paper, Impression Obsession – small ornate quares, Celebrate It Holiday Trim ribbon.
This really was suppose to be a simple card so I will do some quick steps.
1) Cut the card stock 8.5 by 5.5, fold in half for a 4 ¼ by 5 ½ card. I did not assemble the card until all the bits were all ready and had its place.
2) Cut a slightly smaller brown metallic paper layer, do the same with embossed glossy paper.
3) Punch the bottom of the embossed glossy paper with a Fiskars All a Fleur punch
4) Cut out small squares for stamping and embossing
5) Cut out small metallic squares for border for above said small squares
6) Glue layers together, small and large
7) Add ribbon
8) Assemble the rest of the card
I made this for no other reason than to use these stamps. I will not give up on these stamps though, I WILL try again.