September 9, 2011

Happy Friday, this week seemed to zoom on by. The weather has been amazing it is hard to believe that school started again this week.

I have two challenges and a single card again today. The first Challenge is The Friday Mashup, today challenge details are:

This week at the Friday Mashup, Heidi is challenging us to:
1. Create a project with "Stitching or Faux Stitching".
2. Or Create a project for "Back To School or a Teacher Gift".
3. Or "Mash it Up!" and create a "Back To School Project with Stitching"!

The second challenge is 365 Card Challenge-Day 191-So Not Me. The challenge details are:
Clean and Simple, Vintage, Shabby Chic, Bold Graphics, Cutesy....Whatever your style, now I want you to do anything but that style.

I rarely do stitching, real or faux, I also tend to stay away from brighter colors. Both of these are included in this card.. I also took it a step farther and made a smaller sized card 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 so I think I have covered the So Not Me.

I did keep it basic though and I like how it turned out. my stitching is not real.. of course. I have had a few crafting mishaps this week and my luck I would sew my fingers together if I tried. I printed off a clipart apple and covered it in Diamond Glaze.



Supplies: Cream and Brown cardstock, Designer Paper-DCWV, Hot of the Press-Tiny Words and Images, misc apple clipart.

Cheers,
Nina

11 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love the glazed apple! And the DP is perfect for the Frikday Mashup! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina...I just heard about the earthquake near you.Are you all okay? Please let me know as soon as you can.HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina, this is a wonderful back to school card! That paper is fantastic and I love that apple! The diamond glaze was the perfect accent to make the apple really stand out.

    So glad you joined us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina, firstly let me say a huge thank you for taking the time to comment on the DT cards. It's so nice to see people taking time out to do that for DT cards. Much appreciated.

    Your card is very simple and so effective. Love the stitching down the middle of your apple paper. Great work on going way outside your normal choices.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a wonderful card Nina! Great job as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nina,
    Awesome work! I would sew my fingers together too...sewing and me do not mix...thanks for joining us at the Mashup!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nina, What a cute card. the paper is perfect for the background and the apple looks good enough to eat. Thanks for playing at the Mashup this week.

    Cindy GD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable, Nina! Even though this isn't your usual style, your creation is perfect! Thanks for playing in the 365 Cards "So Not Me" challenge and I hope to see you again!
    Aloha, Kim Mc
    365 Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Love the details!! Thanks for playing at the Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute.. I love it! The apple is adorable, I love how you did the sewing and that Pattern Paper is spot on. Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic card - the letters, the colours, and that apple is delicious!!! Thanks for joing the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete