September 8, 2011

Just a Note and a brand new card Challenge. Freshly Made Sketches is a new challenge and I am pretty excited that I can that I can participate right from the start.

Please see the Challenge details on the challenge blog.. here. This is the sketch for today's challenge.


I am pretty proud of the fact that I used one sheet of designer paper for the whole card. I thought I might try to mix and match from one of my 6 x6 packs but found this in my stash and it all came together. I do love double-sided paper.

I cut out a couple of the flowers from the paper and made it three layers, the last one has some Diamond Glaze to give some gloss, the button is embossed with clear embossing powder. 


Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-Upsydaisy Designs, Sizzlits-buttons, misc floss, Kaisercraft pearls.

Cheers,
Nina

7 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that you were able to put together an entire card from one sheet of designer paper! The flower is beautiful and I love the buttons. Thanks so much for joining us for the Freshly Made Sketches debut. I hope you'll return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Nina!! We need to meet and have a crafting afternoon! Thank you for joining in on the challenge, I just love what you created with ONE piece of DSP! The Diamond glaze is an awesome touch too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeahhhh - my Sister - you definitely made a completely original and unique take on this sketch. So tasteful and lovely.

    Do I bees have to try this along with you to bring more fame upon your head? I love having a super talented Sis.

    Love ya,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! I love the button! Such a fresh and modern design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Nina! It is amazing that you were able to make such a gorgeous card out of one sheet of designer paper! I'm inspired to try it, but I know mine would never turn out as wonderful as this! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my ... what a gorgeous card Nina, I love how you have created this with one piece of DSP - and a gorgeous DSP too ... love the focal button and embossed panel, a super addition!!!
    Thank you for joining us in our debut challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening Nina:)
    WOW...I can't leave you alone for one minute..that you haven't made another GORGEOUS card!!!I LOVE it!:)
    Looks like you are making a name for yourself too!! You really do deserve the compliments you are getting.Such TALENT!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete