September 5, 2011

Hope every one is having a good Labour Day, I love long weekends. I am very fortunate to work Monday to Friday and get my weekends off.

Two challenges for this post. I am still behind with 365 Card Challenge so I thought I would combine Day 187 with a Clean and Simple Stamping Challenge.

365 Card Challenge-Day 187-Past, Present and Future. Pick an item/technique/tool from the past that you haven't used in a while. Use your favorite color at present and Use a theme that is relevant in your life in the near future (a holiday or upcoming event).

I had to dig into my spare closet yesterday and in the process hit a small pile of craft stuff which did the mighty topple. This morning I found this fabulous Designer Paper that has a Vintage look, I don't remember even buying it and it has no labels or designer tags. I wanted to use it right away though. So, lets see for my the Past requirement, the Designer Paper, I am loving monocrome right now, so black/cream fit the favorite color, future-there is always room in the future for a card just to say HI :).

The second Challenge is Clean and Simple Stamping FTL156. This is a sketch challenge.


I turned it around and made it a vertical card rather then horizontal but I think I was able to follow the sketch pretty well. I embossed both the back ground and the small vertical strip with different embossing folders for extra texture and used and EK Success punch for the one edge.

Supplies: Cream and black cardstock, Designer Paper-Unknown, The Stamps of Life-back2basics, EK Success edge and circle punches, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Recollections-cream pearls.

Cheers,
Nina

3 comments:

  1. Another wonderful card, Sis - you seem to have the ability to shift from vintage to modern looks and pull it off beautifully too. I always aspire to your talent.

    Puffed up with pride to be YOUR sister,
    ~Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card I love the paper and the texture you added great job combining challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too LOVE your card!! How PRETTY! You are really VERY talented my friend! LOVE the way your mind works!!:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete