May 20, 2022

Happy Mother's Day - Bokeh Effect

I have another card made using the Bokeh effect, I think it is stunning, thank you again, Crystal, for the technique class we did a few weeks ago, I love this.

This is the second of two cards that I made. I started with ink blending, I found the colours a little bright so I added some water spritz to the panel and then dabbed it off which reacted with the Distress Inks to leave additional patterns.

I used a piece of vellum to make a mask with some circle die-cuts and I started to add some varied-sized circles to the panel with white pigment ink, going from a lighter application to a heavier one. As the panel dried, I die cut the leaves and added some foam tape to the top leave to pop them up.


I cut the sentiment and layered it, then added some foam tape. I put all the panels together and then finished the card with some sequins, gems and pearls. I mounted the panel with some thin foam tape.

Supplies: White and black cardstock, Simon Says Stamp - Sentiment Strip and Privet Branch die-cut, gems, sequins and half pearls.

Did you know: Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.

Happy Friday,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment