March 17, 2023

Happy Birthday

Happy Friday - I attempted a Fancy fold card this week, I did not quite make it right but the idea of it worked so I am sharing anyway.
 
Fun, or fancy fold cards have always been a challenge for me, it usually take me two or three times to get it right, but I always learn something new.

I started by cutting and folding the base of the fold. I used a napkin panel that I had in my stash for a while and I though the white marble would work nicely for this card.


I cut the napkin panel in half and used half inside the fold and die cut the second half. I added some gold cardstock along each side then glued the die cut piece in place (this is where I went wrong). I added a sentiment and a base in behind the panel to make a stand.

The way I glued the die cut piece prevents the card fold from collapsing as expected, this is where I messed up. I still like how the card turned out.

Supplies: White and gold cardstock, Paper Rose - Gum Leaf Border, Creative Expressions - Sentiment Strip, napkin.

Did you know: A group of ravens is called an unkindness.

Happy Crafting,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment