May 27, 2023

I love you more!

I am playing along with Tuesday Morning Sketches this morning. I started this card over 3 or 4 times before I got the colour combination I wanted right. I started with the patterned paper, then worked through different card bases and die-cut pieces until I was happy.

I used the kraft card base and added a layer of black cardstock and then the patterned paper. I die-cut the XOXO from black cardstock, brushed it with gold ink, and popped them up with foam tape. I tried to match the tone of gold on the large letter to the gold on the Designer Paper.


I stamped the sentiment, layered it with some black cardstock, brushed it with gold ink, and finished the card with gems.

There is a whole lot of gold going on here, the camera was not keen with all that reflection.

Supplies: Kraft and black cardstock, Designer Paper - Memory Box, Simon Says Stamp - Big XOXO & Messages for Everyday, gems.

Did you know: The earliest attestation of using either x or o to indicate kisses identified by the Oxford English Dictionary appears in the English novelist Florence Montgomery's 1878 book Seaforth.

Happy Crafting,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. Great card. I like the gold over black.Thanks for joining at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina! Great job photographing this card and capturing all the awesome shine! I like your take on the TMS. Thanks so much for playing and for visiting my blog. Hugs, Debi Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I imagine it is really gorgeous IRL!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful masculine card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete